Eleven athletes from Dawson County High School signed letters of intent to nine different colleges in February and March.
Five sports were represented in the signings: football, softball, cross country, basketball and baseball. Football had the most signings out of any sport with six athletes, three of them signing to the same school. Two athletes signed with NCAA Division 1 universities.
Below is a list of signing athletes and where they will be attending school in the fall:
- Seth Adams - University of the Cumberlands
- Bryce Bryant - Reinhardt
- Brody Howell - Berry College
- Riley Herndon - Union College
- Kobe Rea - Union College
- Hunter Barron - Union College
- Kaitlyn Bennett - Wesleyan College
Basketball (Lady Tigers)
- Sophia d'Oliveira- Liberty University
- Ben McGinnis - Augusta State University
- Jasper Gibson - Emmanuel College
- Hudson Sapp - University of Mississippi
With Dawson County High School cancelling class due to concerns over COVID-19, some athletes have postponed their signings until a later date. Dawson County Athletic Director Jason Gibson said he believes those athletes will still sign sometime later in the semester.