The G.L. Pete Gilleland Council Chambers at City Hall, Roll Call
Opening Presentation: Harry Evans, Department of Veteran’s Services
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Minutes
• Minutes of Regular Commission Meeting held on November 6, 2008
Approval of the Agenda
Public Comment (3 minute limit/person 15 minutes maximum)
Contributions more than $250
• ZA #08-13 The Lodges at Paradise Valley, LLC has submitted a request to amend the current master plan for the development; TMP #110 033; Zoned C-PCD (commercial planned comprehensive development district); located at 49 Valley Drive.
Staff recommendation was for approval with the following stipulations:
The developer will comply with stipulations of initial master plan with a set time frame for completion;
Single story only on lots 8, 9, 10, 25 & 26.
• ZA #08-14 D.W.A., LLC (Douglas Adams) has submitted a request to rezone +/- 5.75 acres of TMP #115 040 from C-CB (community business commercial district) to C-HB (highway business commercial district) for a gas station/car wash/package store; located at 18 Blue Ridge Overlook.
Staff recommendation was for approval without stipulation.
• 2009 BOC Meeting
• 2009 Holiday Schedule
• SPLOST IV Sidewalk Funding
• Board Appointments
• Development Authority: Lake Gibson (reappointment)
• Construction Board: Rory Cunningham, Bob Corey, Larry Davis
• Tax Assessor’s Board: Joe Bosworth (reappointment), Sara Halstead (reappointment)
• Dr. Mills - Humane Society BudgetNote:
The Dawson County Board of Commissioners recently voted to change three meeting dates, which were in conflict with upcoming holidays. The changes are as follows:
Conflict Date: Thursday, Nov. 27
Approved Meeting Date: Monday, Nov. 24
Deadline for Materials: Wednesday, Nov. 19
Conflict Date: Thursday, Dec. 25
Approved Meeting Date: Monday, Dec. 22
Deadline for Materials: Wednesday, Dec. 17
Conflict Date: Thursday, Jan. 1
Reason: New Year’s Day
Approved Meeting Date: Thursday, Jan. 8
Deadline for Materials: Friday, Jan. 2