Dawson County Board of Commissioners Work Session Agenda
Meeting is at 4 p.m. Jan. 10 at the Dawson County Government Center Assembly Room
• New business
• Presentation of request for Dawson County Government to contract with Family Connection as fiscal agent: Family Connection Director Nancy Stites.
• Presentation of RFP No. 180-12 Inmate Food Service: Sheriff Billy Carlisle.
• Request for variance application fee waiver: Planning and Development Director David McKee.
• Presentation of the Fire Separation Ordinance update: Planning and Development Director David McKee.
Development Authority Board
Mike Ball (Term: January to Dec. 31, 2016)
Tree Preservation Committee
Dave Hinderliter (Term: January to Dec. 31, 2016)
Jim Smith (Term: January to December 31, 2016)
George Lyons (Term: January to Dec. 31, 2016)
• Approval of reappointment of county attorney and county clerk: Chairman Mike Berg.
• Approval of county manager contract: Chairman Mike Berg.
• Appointment of vice-chairman of the Dawson County Board of Commissioners: Dawson County Board of Commissioners.
• County manager report
• County attorney report
County commissioners have their first meeting of the year Thursday and hope the community will take part in the discussions of local government in 2013.
The work session meeting is at 4 p.m. in the assembly room on the second floor of the Dawson County Government Center.
Among items on the agenda is the county manager contract. The board voted last month to award the position to Cindy Campbell, who currently serves as the county's chief financial officer.
According to the one-year contractual agreement, the job pays $87,000.
Campbell will replace Kevin Tanner, who was elected to the state House of Representatives and will be sworn into office Monday.
The agenda also calls for reappointments of County Attorney Joey Homans and County Clerk Danielle Yarbrough, as well as a number of board appointments to various county agencies.
In addition, Commission Chair Mike Berg is expected to make a recommendation for the post of vice chair, whose duties include presiding over meetings in the event the chairman cannot attend.
Vice chair is selected each January by the board chair and approved by the full commission's vote.
The board can vote on the agenda items during next week's commission meeting.
The board holds two voting sessions each month on the first and third Thursday at 6 p.m. Work sessions are held on the second and fourth Thursday of each month at 4 p.m.
The public is invited to attend the meetings.