A Lumpkin County man accused by authorities of possessing child pornography in October now faces 30 new counts, according to the Lumpkin County Sheriff’s Office.
Paul Travis Williams, 48, was arrested on Oct. 12 and charged with possession of child pornography after a tip from Georgia’s Internet Crimes Against Children task force.
In September, a search warrant was executed on Williams’s residence on Cloverleaf Trail.
A hard drive “was found to contain at least one of the images reported by the ICAC tip.”
“There were over 20 electronic storage devices found and collected during the search,” according to the sheriff’s office.
University of Georgia Police’s digital forensic investigators have reportedly “discovered thousands of child pornographic images and videos on Williams’s storage devices,” according to the sheriff’s office.
The sheriff’s office obtained additional warrants for Williams for 30 counts of possession of child pornography.
Law enforcement officials previously said they received a “cyber tip” showing that suspected child pornography had been uploaded from inside the Wahsega 4-H Center in Lumpkin County, where Williams was director.
No children or campers were present when the images were uploaded, according to authorities.
“Forensic investigators feel certain that the images found are not recent, were not taken at the camp or his residence and did not involve 4-H campers. A search of all the other facilities at Lumpkin County’s 4-H camp was completed and no additional evidence was found nor were any video recording devices located,” according to the sheriff’s office.
Williams’ attorney Catherine Bernard previously told The Times her client is “shocked and horrified” by the charge and “completely denies any involvement whatsoever with child pornography.”
“Travis has nothing to hide, and he is confident that a thorough investigation will show that he is innocent of any wrongdoing. He is grateful to all of the members of the community who have reached out to support him during this difficult time, and prays for a swift and just resolution to this serious matter,” Bernard previously said to The Times.
Bernard did not respond to an e-mail request for comment regarding the new charges.