• Applicant must live fulltime in Dawson County along with the child or children needing assistance.
• The child or children must live with the applicant.
• If the child or children are school aged, they must attend Dawson County schools.
• The child or children must be school aged or younger.
• The applicant cannot receive assistance from any other agency this Christmas season.
Bring the following items when applying for assistance:
• Georgia driver's license.
• Proof of residency (utility bill).
• School report card (if child or children are in school).
• Pay stubs for two months.
• The child's or children's exact clothes and shoe sizes.
• The child's or children's specific clothing needs.
• Three specific items the child or children would like for Christmas (items between $20 and $50).
• The child or children's homeroom teacher (if child is in school).
Hundreds of local children will wake up Christmas morning to find presents under their trees thanks to dozens of volunteers determined to make holiday wishes come true.
K.A.R.E. for Kids, the Dawsonville-based non-profit organization that strives to serve the community's less fortunate families, is currently accepting applications for the 2013 Christmas season.
Applications are accepted from 9 to 11 a.m. Nov. 16 and 23, 6 to 8 p.m. Nov. 18 and 25 and 5 to 9 p.m. Dec. 2 at the former Dawson Learning Center, at 40 Hightower Parkway, Suite A, Dawsonville.
Funded by profits from the annual Mountain Moonshine Festival, the group of volunteers purchases items such as winter coats, shoes, clothing, medicine, toys for Christmas and provide year-round assistance to families in need.
"Support of the Mountain Moonshine Festival enables K.A.R.E. for Kids to continue its mission of providing Christmas to children in Dawson County," said Calvin Byrd, president of the organization.
K.A.R.E. for Kids also depends on the community's generosity and receives support from local organizations, individual families and businesses.
For more information, visit www.kareforkids.us, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (706) 216-5273.