COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgment -- Liability Waiver and Release of Claims
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION:
While participating in events held or sponsored by Metro Market Media/Dawson County News (MMM/DCN) “social distancing” must be practiced and face coverings worn when possible to reduce the risks of exposure to COVID-19. Because COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact, MMM/DCN will be taking precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, MMM/DCN cannot guarantee that its participants, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19.
In light of the ongoing spread of COVID-19, individuals who fall within any of the categories below should not participate in MMM/DCN events. By attending an MMM/DCN event, you certify that you do not fall into any of the following categories:
1. Individuals who currently or within the past fourteen (14) days have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include, but are not limited to fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
2. Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS:
I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved, and that I willingly engage in this MMM/DCN event.
RELEASE AND WAIVER.
I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE AGAINST METRO MARKET MEDIA, ITS SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, AS WELL AS AFFILIATED PARTNERS AND SPONSORS, INCLUDING IN EACH CASE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEATH, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, ECONOMIC LOSS OR OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, WHICH I, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNEES, NEXT OF KIN AND/OR LEGALLY APPOINTED OR DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVES, MAY HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREINAFTER ACCRUE ON MY BEHALF, WHICH ARISE OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE FROM MY PARTICIPATION WITH THE ACTIVITY.
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK. I acknowledge and understand the following:
1. Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist;
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties; and
3. I hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm and loss associated with the Activity, including any injury, harm and loss caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties.
As a participant, volunteer, or attendee, you recognize that your participation, involvement and/or attendance at any MMM/DCN event or activity is voluntary and may result in personal injury (including death) and/or property damage. By attending, observing or participating in the activity or event you acknowledge and assume all risks and dangers associated with your participation and/or attendance at the Activity, and You agree that: (a) Metro Market Media/Dawson County News. (b) the property or site owner of the event location, and (c) all past, present and future affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, volunteers, vendors, partners, directors, and officers, of such entities (subsections (a) through (c), collectively, the "Released Parties"), will not be responsible for any personal injury (including death), property damage, or other loss suffered as a result of your participation in, attendance at, and/or observation of the event, regardless if any such injuries or losses are caused by the negligence of any of the Released Parties (collectively, the "Released Claims"). BY ATTENDING AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE GIVEN A FULL RELEASE OF LIABILITY TO THE RELEASED PARTIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW