Don Stephens, 74, of Dawsonville, died July 27, 2012.
Born Oct. 13, 1937 to the late Clyde and Madge Stephens, he was a lifelong resident of Dawson County.
Don was cofounder of Byrd-Stephens Building Supply and the Dawson 400 Center.
He was one of the organizers of First Community Bank and developed several other commercial and residential properties in the Dawson County area.
He served his country in the Georgia National Guard and was a member of Bethel United Methodist Church, a trustee of Lumpkin Campground for 44 years, a 50 year member of Chestatee Lodge No. 102 F&AM, was a member of the York Rite and the Yaarab Shrine.
His nephew, Chris Stephens, also preceded him in death.
Survivors include his wife of 48 years, Edna Kelley Stephens of Dawsonville; son and daughter-in-law, Russ and Felicia Stephens of Dawsonville; brother and sister-in-law, Roger and Marjorie Stephens of Dawsonville; various other relatives also survive.
Funeral services were held at 11 a.m. July 30 in the arbor at Lumpkin Campground with the Revs. Eddie Herring, Gary Moore and Dr. Orin Sampson officiating. Interment followed in the Bethel United Methodist Church Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations were requested made to the Bethel United Methodist Church Cemetery Fund, 100 Lumpkin Campground Road South, Dawsonville, GA 30534 or to Lumpkin Campground, c/o Brian Martin, 4945 Hubert Martin Road, Cumming, GA 30028.
Bearden Funeral Home of Dawsonville was in charge of the arrangements.