A regional drug task force arrested five people last week, including a Dawson County man, after authorities received a tip about drugs being sold out of a north Forsyth County home.
According to a message from Forsyth County Sheriff Ron Freeman posted on Facebook, the five arrested by the Johns Creek and Forsyth County Drug Task Force include Levi Jay Brown, 27, of Dawsonville; William Johnson, 61; Shanna Anderson, 29; Ivory Stone Guy, 25, all of Cumming, and Marsha Baker, 61, of Cartersville.
“Acting on a tip, JCaF detectives began surveillance on a suspected drug dealer's house in North Forsyth,” Freeman said. “Detectives saw the suspect leave and travel to a local gas station, where he then walked behind nearby buildings with a large backpack.”
After deputies attempted to stop Brown, he reportedly ran after dropping the backpack, which contained “approximately 40 grams of methamphetamine, 92 LSD tabs, 15 ounces of GHB, 20 grams of marijuana, three amphetamine pills, as well as a sawed-off shotgun.”
“After taking Levi Brown into custody, JCaF detectives obtained a search warrant for the home where an additional large quantity of methamphetamine was found along with various drug paraphernalia and counterfeit U.S. currency,” Freeman said.
Brown faces charges of:
- fraud: altering the identification of a weapon
- trafficking methamphetamine
- possession of Schedule I or II controlled substance with intent to distribute;
- possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony;
- two counts of possession, purchase, manufacture, distribution or sale of a controlled substance;
- possession, purchase, manufacture, distribution or sale of marijuana;
- possession of a sawed-off shotgun;
- possession of a firearm by a convicted felon;
- obstruction of law enforcement;
- and probation violation.
Story continues below.
Johnson was arrested for second-degree forgery, possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute and possession of drug-related objects.
Baker, Anderson and Guy were each charged with possession of methamphetamine, with Baker also being charged with possession/purchase of any controlled substance Schedule III and Guy for probation violation.