At the most recent meeting of the Dawson County Board of Education, dozens of staff, teachers and students received awards or recognitions from the board on accomplishments or milestones reached recently.
The awards given at the meeting include:
- Dawson County School Counselors: were recognized for their service to the school system
- 2020 Hugh O’Brien Award (HOBY): was presented to sophomores Alex Hughes and Kenna LeBaron
- School and District GAE Spelling Bee Winners: were recognized for their accomplishments
- Dawson County Junior High School 8th Grade Girls Basketball Team: was recognized for the team’s outstanding season
- Dawson County Junior High School Art Student Ian Norris was recognized for having his winning artwork displayed at the Georgia Department of Education
- Certified and Classified employees celebrating 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 years of service to the school system were recognized for their service
In a statement to the Dawson County News, Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning Nicole LeCave voiced her support for those recognized, praising the dedication and hard work shown throughout the school system.
"The district takes great pride in recognizing the hard work and accomplishments are our teachers, staff, and students,” LeCave said. “We are proud of our students' academic and athletic accomplishments and grateful to our teachers and staff who dedicate their careers to serving our children and families in an exemplary manner."