The following participants placed in their respective divisions during the pageant:
• First runner-up: Hannah Walden
• Second runner-up: Ryleigh Grogan
• Third runner- up and People's Choice: Lacie Hendrix
• Fourth Runner-up: Kylee Estrella
• Tiny Miss: Ansley Townley
• First runner-up: Abby Samples
• Second runner-up: McKenzie Kunkel
• Third runner-up: Angelina Ledford
• Fourth runner-up: Summer Chambers
• Wee Miss: Karley Crane
• First runner-up and People's Choice: Roni Ashley Barefield
• Second runner-up: Hannah Smith
• Third runner-up: Reese Moore
• Fourth runner-up: Cydney Cunningham
• Little Miss: Aubriannah DeCoteau
• First runner-up: Cadey Ayers
• Second runner-up: Calli Watson
• Third runner-up: Carley Burt
• Fourth runner-up: Madison Griggs
• Junior Miss Dawson County: Taylor Townley
• People's Choice: Micaiah Jenkins
• First runner-up: Emily Ayers
• Second runner-up: Allison Scott
• Third runner-up and People's Choice: Ariel Jenkins
• Miss Dawson County: Sage Fitts
The Miss Dawson County beauty pageant was held at Dawson County High School as a fundraiser for the school's band. The annual pageants include Little Miss, Tiny Miss, Wee Miss, Junior Miss and Miss Dawson County.
Proceeds from the pageant help furnish new uniforms and other necessities involved in high school band activities.
Event director Sherry Allen said the event is also beneficial for its contestants.
"Pageants build up the contestant's confidence about appearing and performing in front of a crowd," she said. "Many, many young people are terrified of being in the limelight, and consequently shy away from being a focal point. Confidence in one's self is a positive characteristic all young people should develop."
But it's not all serious topics and the stress of winning, according to Allen.
"It's important to note, however, that we encourage the contestants to have fun, enjoy the experience, and be proud of themselves for simply being brave enough to compete. This is the foremost reason any contestant should participate," she said, "It's not a beauty pageant as much as it is a pageant to demonstrate your poise and confidence in front of others. Every girl who competes really is a winner."
While the competition was tough, eventually, in the main event, the Miss Dawson County title was awarded to Dawson County High School sophomore Sage Fitts. Junior Ariel Jenkins took the People's Choice award.