By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support local journalism.
Home a 'total loss' in fire
Placeholder Image

A fire on the morning of March 7 blazed through a home on AT Moore Road off of Hwy. 9 S., with both Dawson and Forsyth fire crews responding. No one was injured.

The fire is not suspicious, said Fire Chief Tim Satterfield, with Dawson County Emergency Services. He explained that an older lamp had been plugged in beside the bed. When the owner tried to turn the lamp on, nothing happened. She left the lamp plugged in, which was enough to create a spark and start the fire.

Two people were home at the time the fire began. Satterfield was unsure of how many people lived in the residence.

While there were no injuries, the home was a total loss with smoke, water and fire damage. They will have to rebuild, Satterfield said. A few personal items were able to be salvaged for the family.

According to Satterfield, the homeowners said that they have family who lives in the area, and who will be able to help them as they get back on their feet.

We want to thank the guys in Forsyth for assisting, Satterfield said. Everyone did a great job.

COVID-19 NEWS