By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support local journalism.
Fire breaks out at vacant building
Placeholder Image

DAWSONVILLE Fire broke out Thursday morning at a building on War Hill Park Road, where it intersects with Hwy. 53.

Onlookers craned their necks to catch a glimpse of the flames licking the ceiling of the vacant business, but Dawson County Emergency Services quickly extinguished the blaze.

The LP gas heater caught fire, said Emergency Services Director Billy Thurmond.

They were using it for a heat source, explained Battalion Chief Robby Lee. They tried to turn it off, but couldnt get control.

The fire is still under investigation.

More information will be available in the Jan. 18, 2012 edition of the News & Advertiser.

COVID-19 NEWS