A recent indictment places a local couple at the center of what authorities say is one of the largest methamphetamine trafficking cases in Dawson County history.
Kenneth Edward “Eddie” Evans, 45, and Stacey Lynn Linkenhoker, 40, were arrested on felony drug distribution charges in March at a storage facility off Ga. 400.
The pair was first indicted in June, about three months after they were arrested along with six other people, who have since admitted to selling more than 400 grams of meth for the couple over about a two-month period.
At about $140 a gram, investigators say the street value of the drugs exceeded $56,000.
Evans and Linkenhoker were indicted again Sept. 14, following a months-long investigation by local authorities.
John Wilbanks, assistant district attorney for the Northeastern Judicial Circuit, said the probe revealed the suspects had delivered a larger quantity of methamphetamine than first thought. As a result, the charges were raised to Level 3 trafficking.
According to Dawson County Sheriff’s Maj. John Cagle, the couple lived in the small office of the storage facility on Grant Road and sold the suspected drugs on the property.
The indictment lists the couple as participating in eight-dozen transactions involving methamphetamine distribution or the collection of cash for the drug.
Both suspects, whose arraignments were scheduled for Tuesday, face a minimum of 25 years in prison if convicted.
Others indicted by the Dawson County Grand Jury on Sept. 14 include:
• Joan Marie Brown, 55, of Dawsonville: Violation of Georgia’s Controlled Substance Act-Sale of Alprazolam;
• David Todd Echols, 30, of Dahlonega: Fleeing and attempting to elude, reckless driving, speeding, passing in a no passing zone; improper passing on a hill, improper passing, failure to maintain lane and passing in same lane as another;
• Lynda Catherine Grant (aka Lynda Catherine Cartwright), 43, of Dawsonville: Theft by taking;
• Tammy Darlene Holliday (aka Tammy Darlene Hutzell), 39, of Dawsonville: Hindering the apprehension of a criminal, felony obstruction of a law enforcement officer, three counts of possession of drug related objects;
• Edwin Ashley Lowe, 31, of Dawsonville: Terroristic threats, battery-family violence, three counts of cruelty to children in the third degree;
• Randy Len Hutchinson, 48, of Dawsonville: Felony theft by taking, criminal damage second-degree;
• Jimmy Wayne Morris, 21, of Dawsonville: Felony theft by taking, criminal damage second-degree;
• Khristian Ann Pinkerton, 26, of Dawsonville: Felony theft by taking, criminal damage second-degree;
• Jessie Archie Kilgore, 19, of Dawsonville: Three counts of burglary, two counts of theft by taking; theft by receiving motor vehicle, 14 counts of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon;
• Jessie James Kilgore, 39, of Dawsonville: Three counts of burglary, two counts of theft by taking; theft by receiving motor vehicle;
• James Adam Rogers, 30, of Dawsonville: Three counts of burglary, two counts of theft by taking; theft by receiving motor vehicle;
• Chad Milum, 37, of Dawsonville: Battery-family violence, cruelty to children in the third degree;
• Bianca Jolene Scruggs, 28, of Dawsonville: False statements, obtaining dangerous drugs by fruad;
• John Wesley Arnn, 28, of Dawsonville: Three counts of Violation of Georgia’s Controlled Substance Act, possession of methamphetamine, entering auto, two counts of possession of firearm during commission of a crime, two counts of theft by taking a firearm, obstruction, drugs outside original container, possession of marijuana, possession of drug related objects;
• Jesse Miles Dempsey, 30, of Dawsonville: Felony obstruction, misdemeanor obstruction;
• James Jeffery Harrison, 46, of Dawsonville: Aggravated stalking, battery-family violence, simple assault-family violence, two counts of third degree cruelty to children, interference with a 911 call;
• Gregory Guy Robertson, 54, of Dawsonville: first degree arson;
• Nathan Rogers, 27, of Dawsonville: Aggravated battery, battery;
• Richard Dallas Stratton, 27, of Cumming: Aggravated assault, terroristic threat, possession of firearm during commission of a felony, simple assault;
• Timothy Duane White, 27, of Dawsonville: False imprisonment, misdemeanor battery, simple battery, two counts of third degree cruelty to children.