Missing person alert issued for this Forsyth County man
BOLO: This motorcyclist hasn't been seen since he was on his way back to Forsyth County on Saturday.
Full Story
By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support local journalism.
Authority official talks to local homebuilders
Homebuilders pic
Members of the Dawson Lumpkin Home Builders Association listen to Brooke Anderson, general manager of Etowah Water and Sewer Authority, during the groups January meeting. - photo by Frank Reddy Dawson Community News

At January’s Dawson Lumpkin Home Builder’s Association meeting, Etowah Water and Sewer Authority’s general manager spoke to the group about the entity’s current projects and future plans.


Current projects include a water line that will run up Hwy. 136 and a new elevated water storage tank at Keith Evans Road and Hwy. 183.


“Currently, that appears to be our best area for growth,” Anderson said. “It has a lot of activity around it.”


Anderson said the authority is also working toward developing a plan that addresses population growth and water needs for 2050.


He said in order to meet the needs of the 2050 projected population — 125,000 people — the authority is completing property acquisition and legal application for a 137-acre reservoir at Russell Creek.


“We do not foresee any reason why we won’t get the permit [for the reservoir] within this calendar year,” Anderson said.


He also spoke about plans for another reservoir — a much larger one at Shoal Creek that could provide regional solutions to water needs in the near future.


He said the authority has partnered with “the largest privately held water company in the United States” to provide financial and technical assistance in purchasing land for the Shoal Creek Reservoir.


Anderson then fielded questions from the group.


According to its Web site, the Dawson Lumpkin Home Builder’s Association is a non-profit professional trade association “committed to promoting the growth of the building industry in Dawson and Lumpkin counties.”


For more information, call (866) 522-4055 or e-mail