As of 7 p.m., polls in Dawson County have officially closed and results from Georgia's special runoff election are being tabulated by local election officials.
By the end of Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2021, voters will have decided several important regional and statewide races, including two U.S. Senate seats and the office of Public Service Commissioner.
Just two hours before polls closed on Tuesday, Glenda Ferguson, director of the Dawson County Board of Elections and Voter Registration, said that Tuesday's turnout is expected to exceed election day voting from the Nov. 3 General Election. Officials reported that 16,146 votes were cast during the general election.
During the three weeks of early voting in Dawson County, which lasted from Dec. 14 to Dec. 31, 48 percent (10,444) of the county's 21,924 registered voters came out to the polls.
With 100% of precincts reporting countywide and preliminary absentee/early voting results, here are the preliminary election results: This page will be updated as results are released.
- Kelly Loeffler (Rep.): 84.20 percent (12,100)
- Raphael Warnock (Dem.): 15.80 percent (2,271)
- Jon Ossoff (Dem.): 15.49 percent (2,227)
- David Perdue (Rep.): 84.51 percent (12,146)
Public Service Commissioner
- Daniel Blackman (Dem.): 14.20 percent (2,048)
- Lauren Bubba McDonald Jr. (Rep.): 85.60 percent (12,176)